Health benefits of Nut Grass
The root of the nut grass plant has been highly valued for many years in traditional Chinese medicine and Indian Ayurvedic medicine for its medicinal qualities. This plant has been used in the treatment and prevention of many ailments. Some of the medicinal uses of nut grass are described below:
1. Good for Skincare
2. Good for the digestive system
3. Control epileptic seizures or convulsions
4. Anti-diarrheal feature
6. Relieve Pain
7. Anti-spastic activity
8. Manage high blood pressure
9. Promotes weight loss
10. Reduce fever
11. Antiemetic action of nut grass
12. Lower cholesterol
13. Protects the liver
14. Lower blood sugar levels
Ayurvedic Benefits of Nut Grass
- Galactagogue: Peel off the fresh root of Nut Grass (Motha). Wrap the scrape around the breast. Or Make tuber paste of Nut Grass. Apply it over breast.
- Sore Breast: Prepare tuber decoction of Nut Grass. Drink 20 ml of it. Use it two times a day for 1 month.
- Bloody Diarrhea: Apply tuber paste of Nut Grass around your Nipples before feeding your baby. Or Consume 2 g tuber powder of Nut Grass with Honey. Take it thrice a day. This remedy is beneficial for Infants.
- Indigestion: Grind dried tuber of Nut Grass to make powder. Take 3 g of it with Honey twice a day.
- Immunity Booster: Grind tuber of Nut Grass to make a paste. Add 1 tsp of it in a glass of Milk. Boil. Drink once a day.
- Intestinal Diseases: Drink 10 ml tuber decoction daily.
- Anti-hydrotic: Apply tuber paste of Nut Grass over your body before taking bath.
- Hypo-cholesterolemic: Consume Nut Grass tuber either in powder or decoction form. It helps to control Cholesterol.
- Pancreatitis: Add 1/2 teaspoon of Nut Grass powder in 2 glass of water. Boil it until the water remains half. Add black pepper for taste. Drink it daily for a month to cure Pancreatitis.
- Dysentery: Take 20 gm. bulbous roots of Nut Grass and 5 gm. Ginger Peel them off. Crush them. Add half teaspoon honey. Take twice a day.
- Gastrointestinal Disorder: Take one teaspoon rhizomes of Nut Grass and a small piece of Ginger Grind them. Extract its juice. Mix one teaspoon Honey. Have it once a day.
- Skin Diseases: Take one part of Nut Grass tubers and ten parts of Green Gram. Grind them with water. Apply it on the affected part for 10 minutes. Wash with luke warm water.
- Body Odor: Take one part of Nut Grass tubers and ten parts of Green Gram. Grind them with water. Apply it on the body for 10 minutes. Wash with luke warm water.
- Baldness: Take tubers of Nut Grass. Dip in the water overnight. Grind it. Add in Sesame oil. Boil it on a low flame. Cool it down. Apply on scalp twice or thrice a week.
- Dandruff: Take tubers of Nut Grass. Dip in the water overnight. Grind it. Add it in 2 to 3 tablespoons of Sesame oil. Boil it on a low flame for 5 minutes. Let it cool. Strain well. Apply it on scalp and massage for 10 to 12 minutes. Leave it for 3 to 4 hours. Wash with shampoo.
- Fever: Take 50 g Nut Grass tuber, 50 g dried Ginger, 20 g Long Pepper and 30 g roots of Adhatoda Vasica. Make a decoction. Drink 5 ml of it thrice a day.
- Asthma: Grind dried roots of both Nut Grass and Beetle Killer in equal quantity. Make paste by adding water in it. Take 5 g paste with lukewarm water. Have it twice a day.
- Inflammation: Take Boerhavia Diffusa, Zingiber Officinale, and Cyperus Rotundus and prepare a paste. Apply the paste to the affected area 2 to 4 times a day for 5 days to reduce the inflammation.
- Stomach disorder: One or two crushed tubers boiled with about 200 ml cow milk are given in stomach disorder.
- Atisaar or Diarrhea: The dried root powder is given in dose of 5 grams with Butter milk 3-4 times a day.
- Jaundice, cold: The decoction of nut grass is beneficial.
- Improving health: The juice of nut grass is highly health promoting.
- Intestinal disorders: The roots are ground and taken with honey in dose of one teaspoon.
- Improving breast milk: The paste of fresh roots is applied on breasts.
- Sores, Wounds: The root paste is applied on affected places.
We do our best to process & ship all orders as soon as possible. Most orders are processed within 48-72 hours. We process orders between Monday-Friday and do not ship on weekends.
We’re proud to offer worldwide shipping for all orders.
10-20 Business Days (Worldwide)
3-10 Business Days (Local)
These are estimated delivery times only, therefore Sparkly Trees is not guaranteeing delivery dates.
Tracking your order:
Our orders always include tracking information that is normally sent via email within 48 hours after the order has been shipped.
Can we help?
Please contact us via e-mail if you need any assistance.
If you don’t have a positive experience for ANY reason, contact us and we will make sure that ALL your concerns are addressed and you leave 100% satisfied and smiling.
We are here for you.